The Wedding Girl iPhone App
I have been working on the Wedding Girl app with the help of Adelaide app developers Enabled and the Wedding Girl team has come up with a comprehensive, intuitive and easy to use app, which we think will be of real value to brides, and to the wedding industry.
I work with brides and grooms every week to help them plan their weddings, and what I see them want more than anything else is to feel informed and in control. While all of us in the wedding industry do everything we can to help our couples stay calm and organised, we can’t be with them all the time – when they’re driving from dress shop to dress shop on a Saturday morning, or when they’re trying to ensure their seating arrangements don’t start a family feud.
At the same time, I’ve been working in the wedding industry for over 23 years, and have helped plan and execute hundreds of weddings all over Australia and so, rather than trying to share my knowledge and experience with brides one by one as they sit in my office – why not put all of that information into a free wedding app they can use on their phone wherever they are!?
The result is the Wedding Girl iPhone app with planning tools and advice for brides and direct access to wedding suppliers in their area, including:
- A pre-wedding checklist and reminders.
- A post-wedding checklist.
- A wedding day countdown.
- The ability to search wedding suppliers by category or region.
- Detailed supplier listings with direct phone or email contact, plus business news, details, images and 3600 views of venues, boutiques and stores.
- The option to save favourite suppliers for comparison, add suppliers to an important contacts list, or share details and images from the Wedding Girl app on Facebook or Twitter to seek advice and opinions.
- Create a guest list, track RSVPs, allocate table numbers and record dietary requirements for each guest.
- Plus many more features you’ll see in action at the launch.
For the wedding industry, Wedding Girl suppliers will benefit from:
- Your brides are already using the technology as Australia has the highest per capita use of iPhones in the world and the iPhone was the top selling smartphone product in Australia in 2010.
- Being listed in a clear, detailed and easily searchable directory for brides on the go.
- The ability to change and update contact details, listing information and images at any time.
- The ability to include news and special offers happening in your business.
- The ability to add video and 3600 views of your business.
- Boost your exposure through one of the limited banner advertising positions for your state, displayed in a rolling sequence through all supplier listings.
- To see how your listing would display on the Wedding Girl iPhone app, register for the launch party where you’ll see a live demonstration of the app.
As you can see, we’ve put a lot of effort into developing this wedding app because we believe there is nothing like it in the industry at the moment, and it is the perfect way for young, savvy, busy brides to find the information they need to plan their wedding.